Rava Payasa Recipe
Rava payasa is a quick and easy kheer made with rava, sweet10 and milk that you can make for any special event. A few ingredients and an easy process, a delicious dessert is ready in minutes. So, here’s the simple rava payasa recipe.
- 1/4 cup rava/sooji
- 1/4 cup swee10
- 1 and ½ cup milk (add as required)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 5 cashews
- 12 to 14 raisins
- 1 cardamom
- A pinch of salt
Making Rava Payasa Method
- Add ghee in a pan and roast the cashews until golden, keep aside.
- Add raisins and fry until it puffs up, keep aside.
- Roast the rava slightly in the same pan (do not let the colour change).
- In a heavy bottomed vessel, add the water and heat it up.
- Thoroughly rinse the rice flakes with water and drain it off.
- Then gradually add the roasted rava, while stirring well and cook in low flame until soft.
- Add swee10 and mix it well to avoid lumps
- Then add the milk and bring it to boil.
- Finally add the roasted raisins, cashews and powdered cardamom. Mix well, switch off the flame
Serve hot, warm or chilled, it tastes yummy all ways!