The thought of “winter drinks” tends to summon different types of cocktails and mocktails. But the category has more to offer. Drawing on winter’s zesty, spicy, citrusy and warming flavors, a new harvest of cold-weather coolers extends the modern canon.
Coolers are sweet, fruity and bubbly drinks that are consumed as refreshing drinks, generally for summer parties. Coolers are usually light, crisp, and colorful, and better than other drinks.
During the winter season, there is no sweltering heat and a rise in temperature. Stepping out during the day is not a tough task as the sun is not too scorching. But that doesn’t mean you should not stay hydrated. Summer gives us the reason to stay hydrated with varieties of healthy homemade drinks but, have you ever given a thought about having coolers in winters? Well, it is not as strange as how it sounds – there are awesome options for winter too which keeps you hydrated while providing a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals to our bodies.
We have put together a few coolers recipes of some healthy drinks that can be consumed during the winter season without any hesitation. Well, not denying the possibility of their presence in summer too! Check them out below.
As beautiful as the name sounds, it’s a delish and brilliant cooler.
*The key here is to roast the fruits.
- Oranges – 2 big ones sliced
- Grapefruits – 2 sliced
- Cranberries – 1 cup
- Pomegranate juice – 2 cups
- Orange juice – 1 cup
- Tea bags – 2 bags
- Grapefruit flavored sparkling water – ¾ cup
- For garnishing: Anise stars, cinnamon sticks and fresh cranberries
- Swee10 – 1 tbsp for a litre
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF – bake sliced oranges, sliced grapefruit and cranberries for 30-40 minutes. (Bake until the cranberries burst and caramelize a bit).
- Boil pomegranate juice and orange juice for 5 -10 minutes.
- Pour the boiled mixture over the tea bags, angle the tea bags and remove.
- Add the baked fruits and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Keeping it overnight is preferred.
- Fill half your glass with sangria mix and fill the rest of the glass with grapefruit sparkling water.
- Garnish with anise stars, cinnamon sticks and fresh cranberries.
Enjoy your universally loved drink!
A cooler to heal your hoarse voice and keep you away from the winter flu, a simple tonic for your chilly winter days!
- Water – 1 cup
- Fresh ginger peeled and coarsely chopped – 1 inch
- Swee10 – half tsp
- Boil water, ginger, lemon, and swee10 powder. Boil all the ingredients properly.
- Strain the mixture in glass.
Relax and Enjoy!
WHITE CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT MOCKTINI
A delicious festive decadence!
- White hot chocolate – 80 grams
- Peppermint mocha coffee creamer – 50 grams
- White chocolate syrup
- For garnishing: Crushed peppermints
Dip the edge of your glass in white chocolate syrup and then dip again in crushed peppermint. (Repeat procedure for all your glasses). Set aside.
Add white chocolate, coffee cream and ice to a cocktail shaker. And shake until all the ingredients mix well.
Warm yourselves with these delicious drinks. These drinks will surely keep you toasty during the winter season.