HEALTHY VALENTINE’S MONTH SPECIAL DESSERTS FOR HEALTHY HEARTS!
People around the world celebrate Valentine’s Day by showing gratefulness to the ones they love or adore. While love should be celebrated every day, this special day acts like an occasion to do something special for your better half – starting from fancy dinner dates to exotic holidays and gifting expensive jewellery to buying something exotic.
Having said that, what did you do to impress your better half this valentine? Have you ever given a thought about doing one of those activities we have mentioned above or you have done something different this year? What about cooking or baking a hearty meal and why not? We believe a happy belly can a keep a heart happy too! That’s being said, if cooking a heavy meal turns out to be tedious for you, then you can try your hands on cooking these marvelous but easy to cook desserts.
Apart from that, cooking at home allows you to choose the ingredients wisely and not get into unnecessary decadence. Your desserts will not be splurged with unhealthy fats, sugar and cholesterol instead can be packed with protein, healthy calories and much tastier.
We bet these scrumptious desserts would turn this Valentine from a day to a month or probably a year. Try them out.
I. EASY PALEO CHOCOLATE
Prep time: 5 minutes
- Coconut oil – 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
- Swee10 – ¾ tablespoon
- Salt – ½ tsp
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- Heat coconut oil, cocoa powder, and swee10 in a sauce pan. Whisk to make sure all lumps are gone.
- Remove from heat and stir in any optional ingredients that you wish.
- Pour the smooth mixture into molds or a tray and place it in the freezer to harden.
- The chocolates need to be removed from the moulds and stored in the freeze as they will melt at room temperature because of the coconut oil.
II. Easy Coconut Panna Cotta (Dairy-free)
Prep time: 10 minutes
- Coconut milk – 2 cup full
- Swee10 powder: 1/3 tsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Gelatin powder – 1 ¼ tsp
- In a saucepan whisk together 1 cup coconut milk and gelatin powder, allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes.(This lets the gelatin bloom)
- Add the vanilla extract and heat over medium heat. Do not boil the mixture.
- Once the gelatin has completely dissolved in the mixture, remove from the heat and stir swee10 powder and the remaining 1 cup coconut milk.
- Pour the final content into 4 small bowels and refrigerate them for 4 hours. Serve with fresh berries.
3. Marinated Strawberries
- Strawberries: 4 cups
- Swee10: ½ tbsp
- Apple cider vinegar: 2 tbsps
- Finely shredded fresh mint: 2 tbsp
- Lime juice: 1 tbsp
- Low-fat or fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt: 3 cups
- Remove the stems from strawberries.
- In a medium bowl, mix strawberries, swee10, vinegar, mint, and lemon juice.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Spoon the strawberry mixture over scoops of frozen yogurt and serve.
4. Chocolate Sherbet
- Bittersweet chocolate chopped – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Swee10: ¼ tsp
- Whipping cream: ½ cup
- Vanilla extract: 1 cup
- Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- In a sauce pan, stir together chocolate, water, swee10 and whipping cream.
- Boil the mixture for 1 minute, whisk gently.
- Remove from heat, cover and let it chill overnight.
- Scoop and serve into small glasses or dishes.
This dessert needs to be made not more than a hour before serving.
Enjoy our sweet and satisfying Valentine desserts without any guilt—our recipes are both scrumptious and very healthy especially for the heart.